Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Snoozing on Sleep


Did you know…
  • Humans are the only species that voluntarily delay sleep!
  • The average parent loses over 1,000 hours of sleep in the first years of a child’s life.
  • Quality sleep helps improve creativity and decision making?!                             

To learn more about sleep, set up at time for a Snoozing on Sleep presentation by emailing sarah-kersten@uiowa.edu. 

What helps you get your best night of sleep? 
All who share their sleep tricks will win liveWELL Sunglasses! 

(To share your best way to get good sleep, click on "Comments" and at the bottom will be an space to enter your thoughts. Be sure to include your first name/last name initial and team name in your post. Use the drop down box in "Comment As:" to select "Anonymous" if you don't have an account . Entries must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.)   

6 comments:

  1. Going to bed early with no TV or phone. And avoiding caffeine after 2pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No food or screen time for the last hour before going to bed. Dan Teets - Booking It at the Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lainey S. (Happy Hour Honeys)

    Going to bed at a consistent time with a cool room and no TV on. Also when my toddler sleeps through the night that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Select Comfort Sleep Number bed! And when the kiddos sleep through the night.
    Kelly N, Mission Slimpossible

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I really need to get the best night sleep I need to take a few steps: a low dose of melatonin (1 - 3mg, available OTC), eat a banana (to keep my blood sugar even and magnesium to relax my leg muscles), make sure my room is dark and cool, make sure the bed has been made so it's nice and neat when I crawl in, and have some white noise going. This plan usually helps me sleep like a baby for 4 hour chunks. Ruth P, Smooth Operators

    ReplyDelete
  6. A warm cup of tea or milk with lavender, honey or turmeric gets me ready for bed. I like to stretch to keep myself loose and relax. A hot bath with bath bombs always helps too :)

    E. Adriana M. / Team: OPE Superheroes

    ReplyDelete